Saturday, January 31

Hair Tamer | Keratin Brazilian Blow Dry


My feet may be sodden and my new Penelope Chilvers' boots water-stained beyond repair but I can guarantee that my hair will defy all that the British weather can throw at it. Come rain, snow, sleet or hailstones. . . there will be no trace of frizz, pouf or windswept wildness. I will emerge from beneath my sopping umbrella brandishing a mane of smooth, glossy, 'because-I'm-worth-it' hair. . .  But before you go rushing off in search of a miracle product, the secret I'm about to relinquish is not the latest precipitation-protecting serum (though there are a few good'uns about*), but a man. And his name is Zoltan.

He may sound like a magician, and to me, he pretty much is. 
       How else would you describe someone who literally gives you the gift of time? 

Ok. So I'm being a tad melodramatic. But not having to set  aside hours of the week to slavishly wash, blow-dry and style my hair has been nothing short of life (and hair) changing And it is all down to the joy of the Brazilian blow dry, a technique that Zoltan - track him down at Josh Wood Atelier - is a master of. 

Even the most unruly manes can be tamed with Zoltan's bespoke, keratin-infused, heat-sealed, treatments. This is not about transforming natural curls into straightened locks, but removing the halo of frizz that emerges at every moisture-drenched opportunity - whilst whittling down at-home styling time. The treatment itself (no more time consuming than a standard salon visit) lasts up to 4 months - though my last one took me all the way through to 8!- and not one morning since have I woken to the mass of unmanageable poodle fluff that I used to call my hair. Instead, I wake to what looks like a dishevelled, but  decent, day-old blow dry, when in actual fact all I've done is lazily wash (using a sulphate-free shampoo), rough dry and smother in Moroccanoil Light Treatment.

And as if you need any more reason to pay Zoltan a visit, not only does the Brazilian blow dry infuse hair with a sheen that I have yet to find in a bottle, the minimal amount of heat blasting required means that hair not only looks super healthy, it really will be.  

_____

Zoltan | Zoltan-hair.com 

Josh Wood Atelier | Joshwoodcolour.com

Moroccanoil Light Treatment | Feelunique.com | £13.45

Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil | Bumbleandbumble.co.uk | £16

Sachajuan Intensive Hair Oil |  Net-a-porter.com  | £35





1 comment:

  1. Went to Compton after reading this recommendation and I could not agree with you more! Finally I have super styled locks! x

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig